Ok, so I know that Wesley is almost 5 months but I still haven't put pictures up of when we were in the hopital. Sorry to those people who don't really care!!
My last weekly appt. at my doctors office was a week before I had Wesley. I was 5 cms at that appt. & my dr. said that I could go into labor at any moment. So since my mom lives 2 hours away she decided to come down. She came that night. Because of all the fires around us we couldn't walk out side so we walked a couple of miles everyday on the treadmill, walked the mall & went to Costco. Nothing did if for me. Sunday {which was my due} date came and still no baby so my mom decided to head back home. That Monday night Patrick & I watched Pirates of the Caribbean until like 1 in the morning until I got tired & went to bed. Around 4 in the morning I woke up to do my nightly routine & I was having contractions but not too bad. They were never the same distance between them. So I climbed back into bed & I didn't want to wake Patrick up. Everytime that I got up he thought I was going into labor. So I was laying there but couldn't go to sleep because they were starting to get really painful. I woke Patrick up & he called my mom to get ready & called his parents too. I got ready myself & at 6 AM we were off to the hopital. When we got there they wanted to put me in the pre-delivery room to see if I was really in labor because I could still walk & talk. When the found out I was 5 cms a week prior to that they put me right into the delivery room. They were taking there sweet time & about 45 mins later they checked me & I was 8 cms. The look on the nurse's face was panic. They got everything ready for the delivery & at 8 they broke my water. Patrick's mom was in the room with us & I was so thankful for that. My mom got there within 10 mins of him being born. We was born at 9:07 & was 8 lbs 11 oz. When I saw him I new he was a big boy & I couldn't believe that I had that big of baby. Due to the fires in Paradise, the hospital there was closed so it was extremely busy there. I had to share a room with another mom for only a couple of hours so I can't complain. We had a lot of family & friends come by to visit. We left at 11 AM the very next morning so I was so happy about that. I don't really like hospitals that well. You can't sleep & you don't have any privacy. When we were driving home from the hospital it finally hit me that he was mine & he wasn't going anywhere. Patrick & I love him so much & he is such a blessing in our lives!!! The following are pictures right before & after he was born. I wish that we had more before but everything went really fast I didn't even think of it.




4 comments:
wow, i almost don't remember him that tiny. time sure flies!
I loved reading your delivery story! I'm always afraid I won't know for sure if I'm in labor or not. My mom assures me I will know, but I'm afraid of waiting too long and not making it to the hospitial in time!
What a beautiful experience Holly - - it's painful and joyful at the same time. I'm glad everything went so smoothly. It's very atypical for a first time mother to deliver so quickly! I'm sure that's why they were taking their sweet time. Heads up to those nurses for baby number 2!
Isn't it weird how you can't really remember things?? (Like life before baby, how tiny he was when born, etc.?) I always feel sad that there are so many things I can't remember as well as I'd like.
Post a Comment