Friday, May 7, 2010

{oUr WeEk iN A nUtsHeLL}


+


=


I placed my comet on my bathroom counter while cleaning and Wesley decided to investigate. He took it off the counter and it spilled on his face. I didn't see it happen but he starting screaming and when I looked at him he had comet all over his face. I was pretty calm at this point and hurried and got a washcloth to wipe off his face. I tried to call Patrick but he was at work so I called my mom because I didn't know what to do. She told me to rinse his eye out so I did. This was a pretty hard task because he is so strong. This wasn't really working and he was playing with his eyes because I didn't get everything out. I called my mom back and at this point I was pretty hysterical. She told me to try to find someone to help me, so in that process she called me back and told me to take him to the emergency room. Emergency room and my own child didn't really mix well with me. I was now crying even harder than before. My last resort for me was to call Wesley's doctor to see what they would say. The first thing they asked was if I called poison control. Well duh, that should of been the first thing to do. I called and they wanted me to flush his eye out for 10 minutes! I couldn't believe they wanted me to do such a thing. But I did and it was probably the longest 10 minutes of my life. Poor guy after awhile gave up and I was trying to talk to him to let him know that he was going to be ok. All he could say was, "kitty, kitty, kitty" over and over again. So right after we were finished he ran to find his kitty and he laid out him for 30 minutes!! But out of this experiece I learned so many things. To first call poison control if anything like this happens again, to know the number for poison control {it is now in my cell phone!!}, always keep my cell phone charged because it was about to die and to always stay calm. I think in these situations especially when it has anything to do with your child you think the worse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today we had another scare. While I was talking to my mom on the phone, Wesley was playing in the living room. He went to get a book out of the bookcase and the bookcase slide to the left and went crashing. Poor little guy was pretty shacken up because it was pretty loud. I'm so thankful that the bookcase decided not to fall forward because Wesley was standing right in front of it. And of course Patrick was at work when both of these things happened!


Our bookcase has seen better days
Wesley thought having all his puzzles and books out was amazing:
I'm so thankful that Little Wesley didn't get hurt in either of these accidents. I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for watching over my family always.

5 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Wow.. what a week! I'm so glad to hear Wesley is ok! How scary! I would probably have been hysterical if that was me! He is starting to look like Bryant a lot!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Holly. Kids give us moms many heart attacks!

Tammy said...

Holy cow! I'm so glad all is well. I can't even imagine flushing for 10 full minutes!! AAaaa.

Anonymous said...

Patrick put that bookcase together didn't he? : )

Kerri said...

OMGOSH!! what a week!