On Tuesday November 4, I was deeply saddened with the outcome of the Presidental Nominee. But I knew that he would only be in for 4 to 8 years. It might be long but I knew that if prop 8 didn't pass I knew that it would effect me as well as my children. Even though it was a closer race than last, I was so excited to hear of the great news that prop 8 had passed by 52%. But it doesn't end there. Since the announcement, our church has been nothing but prosecuted for the involvement of its members. The vote No on 8 want to know why the leaders of the "mormon" church paid all this money to fight against them. Us members of the church didn't have to be persuaded by anyone. We KNOW that marriage is between man and woman. How can we have eternal families?? How can we have our own families?? The following pictures I found on the internet:
Yes, that is the LA temple in the background.
This is the Oakland Temple. When I saw this picture it made me cry. This is the temple that Patrick and I were sealed in for time and all eternity. Because of that, I will be with him and Wesley forever!! They are not only here at these two California Temples but also in Salt Lake City.
As a member, how does this make you feel? I have so many emotions. I feel anger, sadness, outraged and scared for those people that are involved with all of the protesting outside of these Holy Places. This just shows you how Satan can be so evil and how he can have a strong hold of you. I fear that this wont be over any time soon. We have to stay strong as members and not go astray. Lastly, this comes straight out of 'A Proclamation To The World.' "The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity."



6 comments:
you go girl!! Prop 8 won, but the fight isn't really over. I think we'll be dealing with this the rest of our lives!!
this election has really drained me emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. it sickens me that the news makes it sound like the church itself donated money to yes on 8. the church has not spent a single dime of our tithes or offerings on any political movement, ever. if the members themselves wished to donate, so let it be, just as with any other campaign. i wish the news would report the facts accurately
Well said Holly, well said!
I agree, it's pretty disturbing! I would be insulted if I was a nonmember who voted yes on 8 (we are the minortiy who voted yes) Do they really think people do not think on their own. Can people not make their own decisions? We may have donated money individually in order to preserve values, but we did not force anyone to go to the polls and vote.
Just another thing to show how true the "Mormon" Church is...no one cared about how many Catholics, Protestants, etc. voted yes. Ray Nelson said that the police in LA called the temple "our" temple and one even said he would let the missionaries in next time they knocked - so there are some good things coming out of this ordeal. It's just another way to separate the wheat from the tares and warn everyone to strengthen their testimonies for what lies ahead. Go Holly! Go Mormons! :)
Holly I am so glad you left a comment on our blog. I look forward to keeping track of your cute family. Tell Patrick Hi and I hope you all are doing well.
Post a Comment