Monday, April 27, 2009

{A Couple First This Week}

Unfortuately wEsLey & I have both been sick for almost a week now. He got sick first, then a day later I did. I just don't like when they get sick because there's nothing much you can do & you don't know what's going on with them. I did however take him to the doctor last Wednesday & that brings us to our first "first" this week. He basically told me everthing I was doing already but I guess sometimes I need that assurance that I'm doing everything I can. The Doctor just check out wEsLey & said that he would be ok in a couple of days or so. {we all know he was wrong on that one!!} Then, he was feeling around in his mouth & said, "oh, he has a tooth!!" I looked at him puzzled & said, "he does??" Yes that's right, he has his first tooth. Not teeth but tooth. He only has one coming in!! So when it pops all the way through it will be so cute!! Our second "first" this week: As I've said before, my little sweet wEsLey scoots on his butt EVERYWHERE!!! He's got it mastered. Well, the other day he was laying on the ground drinking his bottle while I was at the computer. I turned my back for a minute or two & when I turned back he was on the other side of the room. I couldn't figure out how he did it so I put him on his back again & just watched. When he lays on his back he will flip over onto his tummy, & with his hands he will push himself up to his knees & from there he will sit on his butt. I telling you I have a genius baby. He doesn't need tummy time or crawling, he'll just get where ever however!! It's pretty cute because right after he gets onto his butt he will just give me the biggest smile like I did it mom!!! The third "first" is that last week I went to get wEsLey in the morning & he had rolled over onto his tummy. He's never been a huge baby to roll over but now it's quite a frequent thing. A couple of times he's even sat totally up in his crib. When he does this there's no going to sleep so I have to go get him & put him back on his back. He hasn't quite mastered the get from sitting position to laying down but I'm sure it will come soon. I love that kid so much & I don't know what I would do without him!! He brings me so much joy & happiness. I just hope that he feels better soon because we have a busy next couple weeks ahead of us!!

No comments: