Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{It'S a........}

Baby!!!!
For those that know us well, we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby like we did with Wesley. Some people don't really understand but it's really exciting not finding out and waiting until the baby is born. Today was the big day for the ultrasound and it was so much fun to see the little munchkin!! Here are the pictures that they were able to capture:
The first 3 are a 3d image of the little one. This first one is my favorite because you can see the nose, eyes and mouth:
Little more of a side profile of the baby than the first but you can stille see the face:
Another side profile. The baby was right against the placenta so she couldn't get a good face on picture. She zoomed out so it looks as though the baby has a hole in it's head but it doesn't. You can also see the umbilical cord:
I LOVE LOVE this one!! The little feet are so cute!!
Side profile:
Another Side Profile:
Side Profile with the spine:
When we had Wesley we had the ultrasound tech write down on a piece of paper the sex of the baby. When we were in the Hospital after he was born we opened it and it said boy. We {or I} wanted to keep up with tradition and have her right down what the baby was. So I asked her at the end if she could write it down for us and she said she didn't even know what it was. She didn't want to see what the baby was and then accidently tell us because we had asked to not know what the sex was. So she went back in search of what the baby was. She was looking for awhile and she finally said that the umbilical cord was in the way. So she tried to have me move on my side to see if she could get a better view. She finally said that she was only 85% sure that she knew what it was. She took a picture and wrote on it of what she thought it was. I guess it was a good thing that we weren't going in search of finding out what it was going to be. So now it will be fun to open it up once the baby is born to find out what it is... hopefully she was right!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It's so fun to look at those ultrasound pics. Holly! I still think she's a girl :)

Katie Mitchell said...

I love the feet picture! So cute!

Jack and Jenay said...

The feet picture is my favorite too!!!

Nelson Family said...

How fun! I'm so excited for you guys! We need to do something soon!! :) Miss you guys!

Megan said...

Where have I been this whole time? I barely found your blog. Crazy!

I'm super excited for you guys. Our little ones can play at Christmas and stuff! I just love the little feet picture. Baby feet are just adorable.