Monday, January 17, 2011

{mY BiG bOy}

For the last month it seems like Wesley has been interested in potty training.
I've heard that it's not the best thing to force it on a child but instead the child will let you know when they are ready to start.
Wesley has been really interested in sitting on the "toto". So we let him do it as much as he would like because I don't want to discourage him.
So yesterday for about 4 hours he kept telling Patrick and I "poo poo change"
{which to Wesley "poo poo" means "diaper" so he wants a diaper change}
and that he wanted to sit on the toto. We continued to put him on the toto over and over again and we both were getting frustrated because he wasn't doing anything.
So finally right before bed I gave it one more attempt.
Well I guess it paid off because he went poo poo in the toto!!!
We were all so excited and Wesley kept clapping his hands and saying "yeah Wesley"
I think he was excited as well.
Sorry this story might be a little TMI but as you can tell we are so excited for our little boy.
I hope this is the start of potty training and no diapers.
I would LOVE to have only one child in diapers and not 2!!

2 comments:

Jack and Jenay said...

That is so cute and funny! Poo was the hardest part of potty training for us. That part took months. But it was Triston who wanted to start and it was 2 months before I had Weston. When the baby comes, expect him to regress a little. Just be patient...It will all work out and it is so nice when you don't have diapers anymore!!! However, the many pit stops on trips and in the grocery store are lots of fun...

Jared and Kimberly said...

How exciting!Hope he keeps it up :)
Has that baby of yours shown any sign of wanting to come? We're looking forward to the happy news!