Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Casserole Covered Stairs

On Monday, I made 2 sour cream potato casseroles for Family Home Evening. Wesley was having a really rough day and didn't want to be put down at all. So i had to hold him all day long...{yeah he's spoiled and knows how to work the system very well!!} So I knew I had to get these casseroles done before we had to leave at 5:30. Patrick got home from work and he took Wesley so I could finish up with cooking. I made one in a normal 13 X 9 pan and the other in an oval casserole dish that wasn't as big. Patrick was really excited because we both knew we wouldn't eat it all and we would have left overs. So we were getting ready to go and we had 2 casserole's, a diaper bag, purse, and Wesley in his car seat. In my head I was thinking that we should take 2 trips but didn't say it out loud. So i had one dish, diaper bag and my purse and headed outside to the car. Patrick had Wesley in one hand and the bigger casserole in another. I got to the car and Patrick was heading down the stairs. I looked back and Patrick was in the middle of the staircase coming down and he was wrestling with the casserole dish. He had a pot holder under a cooking pan which was holding the dish. The dish had shifted on his way down the stairs but couldn't grab it because he was holding Wesley with his other hand. The casserole dish crashed to the ground with sour cream potato flying everywhere. My first thought was I wanted to cry because it had been a long day making that. To make a long story short, we were a little short on dinner that night but i'm so thankful that Patrick dropped the casserole and not Wesley......I guess it could of been a lot worse. I wish that I had taken pictures but that was the furthest thing from my mind!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry! At least you still had one dish! Something similar happened to Tyler when Chloe was about a year old. We were leaving a friend's apt, and it was dark and Tyler didn't see the very last step, so he stepped down thinking he was on the ground and tripped and totally fell forward! He didn't want to drop Chloe so he grabbed her tight in a bear hug and rolled as he fell so she wouldn't get hurt. It was crazy, but pretty funny at the same time. I like to find the humor in things. I asked him if Chloe was okay, and then I started busting up laughing. It was pretty funny to see Tyler do a nice little roll from an apt. stairs!! Sorry this is so long, it's making me laugh as I type it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love hearing stories like that. Makes me grateful I'm not the only one that has crazy mishaps. You'll look back and laugh at this and it will be a forever memorable moment for your and Patrick.

I talked to your mom last night. She is so funny.

Anonymous said...

That's a horrible story! By the way... if that's the same casserole you made for Bo and I... email me the recipe when you get the chance!